Sunday, January 25, 2009

Still January!


We woke up this morning to a fresh snowfall - about 3 - 4 inches fell overnight. Yesterday was very cold - I don't think it got much above the single digits, so I was pleasantly surprised when there was no wind with this snow and clearing the walks and drives wasn't too bad.

My boys have grown up, so the only snowmen in our yard are these four! We made these when the boys were 5 and 6, so twenty years ago. They've held up well, getting a new coat of paint every so often and new scarves.

Belle came outside while we cleared the snow, and I took her for a long walk. She gets worn out playing in the deep snow, so was happy to come inside and sit in the sun and watch out the window. And fall asleep in the sun!


Doesn't this quilt look like the snowman is saying " I give up!"? Another month or so, and he'll be put away for another year.

So since the outside work is done, it's time to go play with fabric...hopefully I'll have pictures later of new accomplishments!

Stay warm!

2 comments:

Ice Pony Girl said...

Love the beagle on the quilt photo.
Very nice.

Raven
Happy Tails Beagle List
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/happytails

Toni said...

Belle looks a lot like my Cap't Jack, but Jack is a Mountain Feist (off shoot of a rat terrier). He loves stealing our quilts on the couch as well :)

I agree with the snowman, I give up winter now, please :) What a cute quilt!