Monday, November 17, 2008

Quilting weather

The temperature is supposed to be around 17 degrees tonight - and it's cold out! Perfect weather to sit on the couch and finish binding a quilt, especially when the quilt can cover you up! The weekend went by too quickly, and I only got in about 3 hours of quilting! But I did visit my sister, Dave and I helped run cable to her son's room, then she cut our hair. It's great having a sister who can be your beautician too! We "barter" jobs back and forth, haircuts, dog-sitting, tutoring, and manual labor.

I did get a start on making some "Indian Hatchet" blocks. Paula at "A Latte Quilts" has an easy tutorial. Lots of fun to make and a good use for those fabric strips.

My other accomplishment was helping get the outside lights up for Christmas. We don't usually turn them on before Thanksgiving, but it's nice to have the job done. Except we bought extra lights last year on sale, so there's talk going around of doing a bit more decorating! Hope the weather warms up!

Stay warm!

1 comment:

Paula said...

I want to see pics of your Indian Hatchet blocks soon!!! LOL