Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Stress?


Happy Holiday Season!

I started getting out decorations and found a box of old ornaments that I'd gotten at a garage sale, and an old pie stand. So I combined them to show off my new treasures. I love the ornaments, a lot are like my mom had when we were growing up - so I'm guesstimating that they're around 50 years old.



We're going through a software conversion at work this week. Actually, we're just going "live" with the software, we've been working up to it for several weeks. This Monday after a four day weekend, everyone seemed a little tired, and maybe a little cranky. And adding extra work on top of our usual work didn't help. I'm trying to keep the stress level (and my blood pressure) down to a managable level. My solution: Take a quilting magazine to work to look at during lunch, and read a few blogs! Catching up on some of my favorites made me realize I hadn't added any lately, oh no...more stress :)


I worked on Christmas gifts over the weekend, and finished two wall hangings and a baby quilt.

The moose has garland weaved through his antlers, and lights and bulbs attached. It was fun and easy to make.


The baby quilt is a baby brick quilt as you go pattern.




This quilt is for a niece, and I have another one to make before April. And sometime, I need to decide on a quilt for my oldest son's wedding. The date is October 24. Oh no - more stress!

Enjoy the season!

No comments: