Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall camping



We spent last weekend camping. The campgrounds close this weekend. The weather was great on Saturday, it was a perfect fall day. Sunday turned windy and cold and now the camper is ready for winter storage.

Belle asked nicely so we took several walks around the campground, enjoying the fall colors and nice weather. At the end of the day, she was really worn out.

I've taken my sewing machine out camping a few times, but usually try to have something to work on along, like binding or embellishment. I've been working on "crazy quilt" blocks for over a year now and I think I have enough that I'll be able to put them together this winter. The quilt will be more decorative than functional, but it's been fun to experiment with embellishments.

There will be more embroidery to do on the new seams, add some more ribbons, and I think I'll quilt it with a "tie" method. Or maybe use buttons or beads.




1 comment:

Rachel said...

Nice crazy quilt! I am saving fabric to try to make one some time. I have lots of velvet, and a few blings to put on it when I get started!