Thursday, October 23, 2008

Keeping Count


Several years ago, I was visiting with my neighbor's mother, and she showed me her photo albums of all the quilts she'd made. I thought that was a great idea and decided to start doing that. But you know how good intentions sometimes don't exactly get done....




With the holiday season upon us, my son was asking me what I wanted for Christmas. Wanting to save him some money, I told him to make me a screen saver for my computer at work using pictures of some of the quilts I've made. Instead, he just sent me the instructions on how to do it myself! So I've been trying to find pictures of quilts I've made and given away, and taking new pictures of the ones that are still around.






I didn't realize how many I've made, of all sizes and types, some that I wonder why I attempted them when I was just starting. (And my bindings were not good!) I'm missing pictures of a lot of the table runners and wall hangings that I've done. Also on my "missing" list are the ones that I waited to take a picture of, planning on taking a picture with the person I was giving it to.

So my new resolution is to ALWAYS take a picture and print it out, with my notes on where it now lives!









4 comments:

Doris said...

Okay, first of all, I LOVE that Frost-Bite quilt, too cute! I've been meaning to do this, too, sort of an index card box file of them...haven't gotten farther than buying the box and embellishments for it! I do now photograph and label everything, though!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing all your Christmas quilts. Don't we all have a long list of quilts we like to make one day!
Millie

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm a *very* new quilter and I'm going to try and follow your advice to at least take a picture of each quilt I make. I had thought of a journal but don't know how faithful I'd be! The screen saver idea is fantastic and would be a reminder to not forget to take photos!

Paula said...

I've made and given away so many quilts! I wish I had done the same thing. I've been considering sending out an e-mail asking for photos of quilts I've made for people. I wonder if that would work? The only problem is I can't even remember who to send the e-mail to. LOL